MantisBT – a free web-based bugtracking system
MantisBT is a free popular web-based bugtracking system that is implemented in PHP scripting language and works with MySQL, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL databases and a webserver.Â Almost any web browser can able to function as a client. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). The latest stable version available for download is 1.2.2 and The latest development version is 1.3.0-dev.
Mantis Feature List
- Easy to Install (both internally and in hosted environments).
- Easy to evaluate
- Simple User Experience
- Web Based
- Twitter Integration
- Supports any platform that runs PHP (Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris, AS400/i5, etc)
- Available in 68 localizations.
- Customizable Issue Pages
- Multiple Projects per instance
- Support for Projects, Sub-Projects, and Categories.
- Users can have a different access level per project
- Search and Filter
- Full Text Search
- Simple/Advanced Filters
- Shared Filters (across users / projects)
- Built-in Reporting (reports / graphs)
- Email notifications
- Users can monitor specific issues
- Attachments (can be saved on webserver or in database – can also backup to an FTP account)
- RSS Feeds (news, issues matching saved filters, issues matching a specific project)
- Signup with Captcha and Email Confirmation.
- Export to csv, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Ability to extended functionality through hook (custom) functions.
- Ability to extended functionality through plugins.
- Reporting issues via Email (available as a patch for 1.1.x and plugin for 1.2.x)
- Source Control Integration (GIT, SVN and CVS).
- No limit on the number of users, issues, or projects.
- Public / Private Projects – Public project accessible to all users, private are only accessible to those explicitly added.
- Public / Private Notes – Private notes are accessible to users with a specific access level to the relevant project.
- Attachment Auto-Preview
- Easy hyperlinks to issues and issue notes (e.g. #123 hyper links to issue number 123).
- Ability to view recently visited issues (the last 5 visited issues are visible by default at the top right corner).
- Default Mantis Authentication (recommended)
- LDAP Integration
- HTTP Basic Authentication Support
- Active Directory Integration (patches available)
- Chat Integration (optional)
- Multi-DBMS Support – Mantis uses ADODB as an abstraction library to support multiple DBMSes.
- MS SQL
- Oracle (experimental)
- DB2 (in progress)
- Webservice (SOAP) interface (MantisConnect)
- A SOAP web service that is implemented in PHP and can be consumed from any language that supports SOAP web services.
- .NET Client Library
- Java Client Library
- Cocoa Client Library
- Support for mobile devices (MantisWAP).
You may also like
November 16, 2012
August 18, 2012