AjaxAC – Open Source PHP framework for AJAX
AjaxAC is an open-source framework written in PHP, which can be used to develop/create/generate AJAX applications. The basic idea behind AjaxAC is that you create an AjaxAC application, which in itself contains a number of action handlers and event handlers. An application in this context might mean an entire web site powered by AJAX, or it could mean a subset of a form.
Sample applications developed using AjaxAC are –
- GoogleSuggestCloneJax – A clone of the Google Suggest tool, developed using a MySQL backend to fetch the suggestions.
- CountryRegionCityJax – An application that demonstrates how the framework works. This example dynamically populates Country, Region/State and City data from a server-side data file.
- ArithmeJax – A simple application used to perform server-side arithmetic.
- All application code is self-contained in a single class
- Calling PHP file / HTML page is very clean.
- Built in functionality for creating subrequests and handling them
- Allows for custom configuration values, so certain elements can be set at run time
- Easy to hook in to existing PHP classes or MySQL database for returning data from subrequests
AjaxAC is released under the terms of the Apache License v2.0. Current version available for download is ajaxac 1.0.0a
You may also like
November 16, 2012
October 06, 2010
September 30, 2010