I was looking for free and open source php image gallery, and I came across best open source php gallery scripts. Below you will find a list of the best free and open source photo gallery scripts that I have came across -
1. Gallery – Gallery is an open source project with the goal to develop and support leading photo sharing web application solutions.
With Gallery you can easily create and maintain albums of photos via an intuitive, web interface. Gallery works with several different image processing toolkits and is available in over 30 languages! You don’t need special privileges on your webserver to install, configure and maintain Gallery.
Photo management includes automatic thumbnail creation, image resizing, rotation, ordering, captioning, searching and more. Albums and photos can have view, edit, delete and other permissions per individual authenticated user for an additional level of privacy.
It’s great for communities – give accounts to your friends and family and let them upload and manage their own photos on your website!
You can easily customize Gallery to your needs. Latest version available for download is Gallery 3.0.4.
2. Zenphoto – Zenphoto is a standalone gallery CMS. Zenphoto have everything you need for web media gallery management.
Zenphoto is more than just a gallery for images! It also has features like multimedia support for audio and video and is even capable of running your entire portfolio website including a news section (blog) and custom pages. This makes Zenphoto the ideal CMS for illustrators, artists, designers, photographers, film makers and musicians.
- Automatically generated thumbnails and sized-down images
- Upload via FTP or via the admin interface
- Upload images, albums (folders) or even zip-archives
- Comments on images and albums with powerful spam filters
- AJAX-powered edit-while-you-browse
- Video support for Flash Video (.flv), Quicktime (.mov) and 3GP (.3gp)
- Password protection for gallery and albums
- Watermarks for images
- Powerful search with boolean expressions
- Tags: Categorize you images with tags
- Image rating
- Dynamic albums: Generate albums from searches!
- Highly customizable theme engine
- rss for gallery, albums and comments
- Multiple administrataive users with varying rights
- Cruft free, search engine friendly URLs with mod_rewrite
Latest version available for download is Zenphoto 184.108.40.206. Its released under license GPL v.2.
3. PhpWebGallery – PhpWebGallery became Piwigo on February 15th, 2009. Piwigo is a photo gallery software for the web that comes with powerful features to publish and manage your collection of pictures.
It supports numerous galleries of all sizes all over the world, from an individual ten-photos party to the images stock of an agency. This scalability is supported by smart browsing capabilities based on categories, tags and chronological search. Various extensions make Piwigo even more scalable and customizable to suit your own needs and desires.
- Categories – organize your photos in your category tree, with no limit in depth.
- Tags – describe photos and find all of them tagged with “night + Paris + John”.
- Themes and Plugins- customize appearance with themes and add features with plugins.
- Privacy – make your photos private and decide who can see each of them.
Piwigo is both web and photo standard compliant. Latest version available for download is Piwigo 2.4.3.
4. TinyWebGallery – The TinyWebGallery is a free php photo album / gallery that is very easy to install, extremely user friendly, does not need a database uses xml files but still has all the features you should expect and much more.
- AJAX + Flash navigation with sliding image thumbnails
- XML based – no database needed
- TWG Admin to upload/manage images, manage
users, Color Manager, Configuration of TWG …
- 3 different slideshow types
- Protected galleries
- Text and image watermarks
- Full video support
- TWG Flash uploader
- Frontend in 29, backend in 5 languages!
- Fullscreen mode
- Remote picture support
- All features can be enabled/disabled/configured
Latest version available for download is TWG 1.8.1.
5. Plogger – Plogger is the next generation in open-source photo gallery systems. A web application not bloated with superfluous features or complicated configuration settings. Plogger is a simple yet powerful tool â€” everything you need to share your images with the world. Plogger is your photos integrated into your website, a fully featured photo sharing package with an attractive and easy to use administrative interface that makes managing your galleries a breeze. Integrating our gallery software into your website is as easy as inserting three lines of PHP code. And did we mention the price? Absolutely Free.
Plogger installation requirements areÂ MySQL v3.23+, GD1.0, and PHP4. Latest version available for download is Plogger 1.0 RC1.
6. phpAlbum.net – phpAlbum.net is an Open Source PHP script which allows you to create your personal Photo Album / Gallery in just a seconds. All you need is a web space with FTP access. No database is needed. After a few clicks with phpAlubm.net Installer you are ready to upload your photos, create new directories /galleries, and use your photo album.
These are the features which phpAlbum.net offers you:
- Automatic generation of thumbnails and resized
- Commenting of pictures with antispam security code
- IPTC Support, import of keywords and picture description, showing other IPTC-tags
- E-Card – you can now send e-cards to your friends and family
- Screenshots for files to be downloaded, movie, audio, exe or whatever
- Password protection for your private galleries
- Admin section for creating new directories, uploading photos (works even with PHP safe_mode=on),Uploading ZIP Files preserving directory structure
- Short and long description of galleries/directories and photos
- Highly customizable layout, separated layout(HTML) from functional code, this allows easy creation of new themes
- Caching of all generated thumbnails and resized photos
- Transparent logo and icon processing with any background color, including IE6
- Access logging, with exclude strings
- And last but not least, you can help us with your suggestions to create usable, easy to install, php photo album script.
Latest version available for download is phpAlbum_v0.4.1.16.
7. Coppermine – Coppermine is a multi-purpose fully-featured and integrated web picture gallery script written in PHP using GD or ImageMagick as image library with a MySQL backend.
Coppermine is free software which you can download and install on your webspace.
Coppermine Photo Gallery has been tested to work well on IIS, Apache 1.3.24 onwards to the latest Apache 2, on Linux, UNIX, OSX, and Win32 systems. The following settings are required:
* Good webserver (Apache recommended)
* PHP (4.2.0 or better)
* MySQL (3.23.23 or better; 4.x recommended)
* either GD or ImageMagick (any version)
Latest version available for download is Coppermine 1.5.18
8. Gallarific – Gallarific is a fully customizable PHP photo gallery script that lets you collect, organize and share your images, photos and multimedia files with visitors directly from your Web site. If you need a PHP photo gallery for your Web site that looks great and is easy to install and customize, Gallarific is the perfect photo gallery script for you.
Gallarific makes it easy to add a PHP photo gallery to your Web site.
- Users with admin approval can upload photos and manage galleries
- Search Engine Optimized Links
- Batch upload photos as a ZIP file*
- Password protect individual photo galleries
- Photo rating system
- Disable right clicking to prevent copying of photos
- Free installation on your web site (optional)
- Custom programming and features available on request
- Compatible with 97% of Web hosts
- Install from your web browser
- Customize the layout and look of your photo gallery with standard HTML
- Create unlimited galleries and upload unlimited photos
- Visitors can comment on your photos
- Automatic thumbnail images
- View photos as a slideshow
- Automatically approve comments (or not)
- Photo gallery membership system
- Gallarific is fully skinnable
Gallarific is available in two versions Paid and Free. Latest free version available for download is Gallarific 2.1.
9. ThePhig – ThePhig is an OpenSource php script created around the basis that creating an album of images should be as easy as uploading a directory of images.
ThePhig supports the following features to help achieve this.
- Automatic thumbnail creation of images
- Easily customizable with CSS
- OpenSource allows for the modification of the underlying code if needed
- A password protected administration panel for modifying many of the settings of the gallery (such as name of the gallery, image titles, etc)
- The ability to create an album icon directly from the administration panel
- If cooridinates exist in the exif data, the ability to have the images displayed on Google Maps
- Easy to implement into an existing website
- Currently supporting three different image overlays: PrettyPhoto, FancyBox, and Shutter Reloaded
Latest version available for download is ThePhig v3.1.0b2
10. OpenFoto - OpenFoto is a lightweight, open-source photo gallery script written in php, xhtml and css – which does not require a database.
The system is straight-forward to install locally or on a servers – no root access, extra extensions or server configuration should be required.
A simple template driven layout and multi-user functionality allows for a wide range of uses from a single installation.
Images can be uploaded full size via FTP ( or using KFM File Manager if you install a database ) and are compressed and resized automatically on the fly – folders can be organised using drag ‘n’ drop.
Latest version available for download is OpenFoto vesion 0.2.2.