10 Best Free and Open Source PHP Image Galleries – Updated
I was looking for totally free and open resource php image gallery, and I found ideal open resource php gallery scripts. Underneath you will find a listing of the most effective totally free and open resource image gallery scripts that I have come across –
1. Gallery – Gallery is an open source project with the goal to develop and support leading photo sharing web application solutions.
With Gallery you can easily create and maintain albums of photos via an intuitive, web interface. Gallery works with several different image processing toolkits and is available in over 30 languages! You don’t need special privileges on your webserver to install, configure and maintain Gallery.
Photo management includes automatic thumbnail creation, image resizing, rotation, ordering, captioning, searching and more. Albums and photos can have view, edit, delete and other permissions per individual authenticated user for an additional level of privacy.
It’s great for communities – give accounts to your friends and family and let them upload and manage their own photos on your website!
You can easily customize Gallery to your needs. Latest version available for download is Gallery 3.0.9.
2. Zenphoto – Zenphoto is a standalone gallery CMS. Zenphoto have everything you need for web media gallery management.
Zenphoto is more than just a gallery for images! It also has features like multimedia support for audio and video and is even capable of running your entire portfolio website including a news section (blog) and custom pages. This makes Zenphoto the ideal CMS for illustrators, artists, designers, photographers, film makers and musicians.
- Automatically generated thumbnails and sized-down images
- Upload via FTP or via the admin interface
- Upload images, albums (folders) or even zip-archives
- Comments on images and albums with powerful spam filters
- AJAX-powered edit-while-you-browse
- Video support for Flash Video (.flv), Quicktime (.mov) and 3GP (.3gp)
- Password protection for gallery and albums
- Watermarks for images
- Powerful search with boolean expressions
- Tags: Categorize you images with tags
- Image rating
- Dynamic albums: Generate albums from searches!
- Highly customizable theme engine
- rss for gallery, albums and comments
- Multiple administrataive users with varying rights
- Cruft free, search engine friendly URLs with mod_rewrite
Latest version available for download is Zenphoto 1.4.10. Its released under license GPL v.2.
3. PhpWebGallery – PhpWebGallery became Piwigo on February 15th, 2009. Piwigo is a photo gallery software for the web that comes with powerful features to publish and manage your collection of pictures.
It supports numerous galleries of all sizes all over the world, from an individual ten-photos party to the images stock of an agency. This scalability is supported by smart browsing capabilities based on categories, tags and chronological search. Various extensions make Piwigo even more scalable and customizable to suit your own needs and desires.
- Categories – organize your photos in your category tree, with no limit in depth.
- Tags – describe photos and find all of them tagged with “night + Paris + John”.
- Themes and Plugins- customize appearance with themes and add features with plugins.
- Privacy – make your photos private and decide who can see each of them.
Piwigo is both web and photo standard compliant. Latest version available for download is Piwigo 2.7.4.
4. TinyWebGallery – The TinyWebGallery is a free php photo album / gallery that is very easy to install, extremely user friendly, does not need a database uses xml files but still has all the features you should expect and much more.
- AJAX + Flash navigation with sliding image thumbnails
- XML based – no database needed
- TWG Admin to upload/manage images, manage users, Color Manager, Configuration of TWG …
- 3 different slideshow types
- Protected galleries
- Text and image watermarks
- Full video support
- TWG Flash uploader
- Frontend in 29, backend in 5 languages!
- Fullscreen mode
- Remote picture support
- All features can be enabled/disabled/configured
Latest version available for download is TWG 2.3.
5. Plogger – Plogger is the next generation in open-source photo gallery systems. A web application not bloated with superfluous features or complicated configuration settings. Plogger is a simple yet powerful tool â€” everything you need to share your images with the world. Plogger is your photos integrated into your website, a fully featured photo sharing package with an attractive and easy to use administrative interface that makes managing your galleries a breeze. Integrating our gallery software into your website is as easy as inserting three lines of PHP code. And did we mention the price? Absolutely Free.
Plogger installation requirements areÂ MySQL v3.23+, GD1.0, and PHP4. Latest version available for download is Plogger 1.0 RC1.
6. phpAlbum.net – phpAlbum.net is an Open Source PHP script which allows you to create your personal Photo Album / Gallery in just a seconds. All you need is a web space with FTP access. No database is needed. After a few clicks with phpAlubm.net Installer you are ready to upload your photos, create new directories /galleries, and use your photo album.
These are the features which phpAlbum.net offers you:
- Automatic generation of thumbnails and resized
- Commenting of pictures with antispam security code
- IPTC Support, import of keywords and picture description, showing other IPTC-tags
- E-Card – you can now send e-cards to your friends and family
- Screenshots for files to be downloaded, movie, audio, exe or whatever
- Password protection for your private galleries
- Admin section for creating new directories, uploading photos (works even with PHP safe_mode=on),Uploading ZIP Files preserving directory structure
- Short and long description of galleries/directories and photos
- Highly customizable layout, separated layout(HTML) from functional code, this allows easy creation of new themes
- Caching of all generated thumbnails and resized photos
- Transparent logo and icon processing with any background color, including IE6
- Access logging, with exclude strings
- And last but not least, you can help us with your suggestions to create usable, easy to install, php photo album script.
Latest version available for download is phpAlbum_v0.4.1.16.
7. Coppermine – Coppermine is a multi-purpose fully-featured and integrated web picture gallery script written in PHP using GD or ImageMagick as image library with a MySQL backend.
Coppermine is free software which you can download and install on your webspace.
Coppermine Photo Gallery has been tested to work well on IIS, Apache 1.3.24 onwards to the latest Apache 2, on Linux, UNIX, OSX, and Win32 systems. The following settings are required:
* Good webserver (Apache recommended)
* PHP (4.2.0 or better)
* MySQL (3.23.23 or better; 4.x recommended)
* either GD or ImageMagick (any version)
Latest version available for download is Coppermine 1.5.38
8. Phonora – Phonora is a fully customizable PHP photo gallery script that lets you collect, organize and share your images, photos and multimedia files with visitors directly from your Web site. If you need a PHP photo gallery for your Web site that looks great and is easy to install and customize, Phonora is the perfect photo gallery script for you.
- Uploading Multiple Photos
- Password Protect Categories
- Multiple Slideshow Options
- Social Network Plugins
- Entirely Customizable Layout
- Seemless Adaptation with Your Site Design
Latest free version available for download is Phonora 2.2.
9. phTagr – phTagr Sort out a large number of photographs with embedded metadata. Use advanced filters to appreciate a particular subset of your photograph library. Control your documents on your web server or install the exhibition at home.
- Free web album software
- Your web space – Your control
- Tag your photos
- Browse your media gallery
- Share your private web album
- Import picture, video file formats, and GPS logger
- Automatic rotation and resizing of preview images
- Automatic flash video conversion
- Upload via HTTP, WebDAV, local storage
- Geo Tagging – View your favorite photos on online world map
- Single or multiple edit of meta data like tags, keywords, categories, location or geo location
- Read and write support of EXIF, IPTC, and Geo Data
- Multiple user support
- Flexible and simple access right management
Latest version available for download is phTagr version 2.3.
10. MG2-MiniGal – MG2-MiniGal MG2 is the continuation of the famous picture exhibition script MiniGal.
One of the highlights of MG2 is, that it underpins PHP running in protected mode which is unsupported by all other element picture exhibition scripts on the web. MG2 is considerably less difficult to use than the first script and it incorporates a ton of energizing new elements.
- Easy to use.
- Template and skin support
- Displays EXIF image information
- Supports image titles, descriptions and user comments
- Multilanguage support
- Works in PHP safe mode
- XHTML 1.0 strict and CSS valid. Unicode support
- Full featured webbased admin interface – control your gallery from any computer (with internet access)
- Multiple image upload & FTP image upload
- Automatic thumbnail generation
- Image rotating feature
- Short gallery URLs
Latest version available for download is MG2-MiniGal version 0.5.1.
You may also like
February 24, 2017
February 21, 2017
February 16, 2017