10 Best firefox addons for regular users
1. LastPass Password Manager
LastPass is a free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure. LastPass supports IE and Firefox as Plugins (Opera, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, Opera Mini via Bookmarklets), allows you to import from every major password storage vendor and export too, captures passwords that other managers won’t including many AJAX forms, and allows you to make strong passwords easily. Your sensitive data is encrypted _locally_ before upload so even LastPass cannot get access to it. One Time Passwords & Screen Keyboard help protect your master password.
2. Xmarks Sync
Xmarks is the #1 bookmarking add-on. Keep your bookmarks, passwords and open tabs backed up and synchronized across computers and browsers. Search smarter with website ratings and reviews displayed with your search results.
3. All-in-One Sidebar
AiOS lets you open various windows as sidebar panels, and quickly switch between them. So it put an end to the window chaos! In addition to bookmarks and history it opens dialogues such as downloads, add-ons and more in the sidebar.
4. Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus allows you to regain control of the internet and view the web the way you want to. The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.
This SearchPreview extension previously known as GooglePreview, inserts preview images (thumbnails) and popularity ranks of web sites into the Google, Yahoo and Bing search results pages.
6. Video DownloadHelper
DownloadHelper is a tool for web content extraction. Its purpose is to capture video and image files from many sites. Just surf the Web as you are used to, when DownloadHelper detects it can do something for you, the icon gets animated and a menu allows you to download files by simply clicking an item.
You can also setup the extension to automatically convert the downloaded movies to your preferred video format.
DownloadHelper also allows you to download files one by one, so that you keep bandwidth to surf for other stuff to download.
7. Tab Kit
Tab Kit makes tabs more efficient for power users, allowing a wide variety of tweaks, all of which are optional, notably:
– Group tabs, by domain or opener (parent) tab, manually or automatically
– Vertical tab tree (with splitter), like Tree Style Tab
– Multi-row tabs
– Sort tabs, by address, last loaded, last viewed, order of creation, origin or title
– Control new tab position and close order
– Easily duplicate tabs and groups and copy/move them between windows by dragging
– Scrollwheel tab switch
– ‘Mouse rocker’ to go back/forward in history
– Highlight unread tabs (and emphasise current tab)
– Scrollbar instead of scroll arrows in over-long Bookmarks and All Tabs popups
– Open Selected Links feature
– Switch tabs on hover
– Options for urls, searches and/or bookmarks to open in new tabs by default
Flagfox is an extension that displays a flag icon indicating the current webserver’s physical location. Knowing where you’re connected to adds an extra layer of awareness to your browsing and can be useful to indicate the native languages and legal jurisdictions that may apply. Additional information can be obtained via a multitude of external lookups and users can add their own custom actions. All actions can be added to the flag icon’s context menu and set to icon click or keyboard shortcuts for quick access.
Many other actions are available for a wide range of uses such as:
* Site safety and malware checks
* Finding similar sites and reviews
* Automatic translation to your language
* SEO and web development research
* Diagnostics like pings and traceroutes
* Whois and DNS information
* Page code validation
* Quick URL shortening
* Copying a server’s IP address or other info
* or you can create your own custom actions!
9. Mozilla Labs – Ubiquity
Ubiquity is an experimental Firefox extension that gives you a powerful new way to interact with the Web. With Ubiquity installed, you’ll be able to tell Firefox what you want it to do by typing commands into a new Ubiquity input box.
10. Personas Plus
Personas are free, easy-to-install “skins” for Firefox. Choose from over 180,000 cool designs, including art from Harry Potter, Bob Marley and Lady Gaga to individualize your browser.
* Easy to install, easy to switch designs to suit your mood
* 180,000+ design available from 5,000+ individual artists and brands from around the world
* Featuring exclusive designs from:
– your favorite bands (All American Rejects, No Doubt, Lady Gaga, Bob Marley, etc.)
– your favorites movies (Harry Potter, Fame, etc.)
– your favorite television shows (Project Runway, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, etc.)
– your favorite causes (Greenpace, Livestrong, etc.)
– your favorite fashion brands (Vans, BCBG, H&M, Anna Sui, etc.)
– and many more!
You may also like
March 11, 2011
June 23, 2017
June 19, 2017